Ensuring the safety of your valuable aircraft and personnel is paramount in the aviation industry.
Recognizing the distinctive complexities inherent to fire safety within aircraft hangars, our team at Viking excels in developing and implementing a diverse array of fire protection systems. These systems are meticulously customized to serve vital sectors such as aircraft hangars, aeronautics, and specialized industrial facilities, precisely addressing the specific risks they entail.
Our cutting-edge fire protection systems are tailored to the aviation industry. Viking built its reputation of excellence one project at a time, with the help of a team of professionals, and through the proven efficiency of its systems, which are manufactured using only high-quality products by manufacturers such as Viking Corporation and FireFlex Systems.
Aircraft Hangars Fire Risks
- Aviation Fuels: Within these hangars, you’re dealing with the storage of highly flammable aviation fuels, such as jet fuel and aviation gasoline.
- Aircraft Maintenance: The maintenance and repair activities conducted in hangars involve processes like welding and cutting, which generate sparks and open flames. These activities heighten the risk of fires during routine procedures.
- Electrical Systems: Complex electrical systems are integral to aviation operations, but they also introduce the risk of electrical fires, potentially caused by malfunctions or short circuits.
- Chemical Hazards: Hangars may house various chemicals for maintenance purposes. Some of these chemicals can be flammable or reactive, amplifying the risk of chemical fires.
- Lithium Batteries: Modern aircraft rely on lithium-ion batteries, which, if damaged or overheated, can ignite or explode, posing a significant hazard.
Fire Protection Systems for Aircraft Hangars
Given these unique risks, our team specializes in tailored fire protection solutions designed expressly for aircraft hangars. We understand the intricacies of these risks and can work with you to ensure compliance with NFPA regulations and the implementation of advanced fire suppression systems.
We offer the FireFlex ICAF compressed air foam system, a deluge-type system that uses a balanced piping network. This system can be activated by electric, pneumatic, or manual release and is FM Approved as a local application extinguishing system for class B pool fires, spill fires, and cascading fires. Our commitment to quality ensures that your hangar is equipped with the best-in-class fire protection technology.
SOLUTIONS FOR ALL TYPES OF RISKS
We offer services that cover all aspects of the fire protection and design-build process, engaging the client at every step to ensure the best experience possible.
We have the solution for your project
Edmonton International Airport (EAI)
This major project at the Edmonton International Airport (EAI) combines a 60,000-square feet hangar with 30,000 square feet office space. The project was challenged with providing water to the location because the municipality does not have the service to provide the quantities of water needed to suppress a fire for the 60,000 sq. ft. hangar. To remedy the deficiency, the project has opted to go with the Integrated Compressed Air Foam (ICAF) system from FireFlex, which requires a quarter of the amount of water normally need.
Government Air Service (SAG)
The Service aérien gouvernemental (SAG) is a governmental flight service under the responsibility of the Centre de services partagés du Québec. The SAG makes its diversified fleet of aircraft available to its partners—the Ministry of Health and Social Services, the Société de protection des forêts contre le feu and the Sûreté du Québec—to help them fulfill their respective missions.
Throughout the project, we found that Viking was professional in their design and installation abilities. They worked well with our technicians and helped provide solutions to seamlessly integrate their suppression systems with our existing equipment. We have found them flexible and accommodating in their work as our site is semi-remote and full of sensitive equipment.Marc Germain, CBC / Radio-Canada
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact Viking Fire Protection to request a quote or to learn about how we can help your organization.
"*" indicates required fields